We are looking for an HR manager to lead our HR team. You will take ownership of all HR matters across the company from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, and learning and development. To perform well in this role you should have experience as an HR manager, or other senior roles in the HR team, and knowledge around all legal requirements in this role.
- Consistently recruiting excellent staff.
- Maintaining a smooth onboarding process.
- Training, counseling, and coaching our staff.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Conducting performance and wage reviews.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Creating clear and concise reports.
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures.
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
- Leading a team of junior human resource managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
- Experience in human resources or related field.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are looking to employ an HR generalist with outstanding analytical and communication skills. An HR generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You will have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, HR generalists should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Top candidates will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling and methodical in the recruitment process.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 4 years of experience as an HR coordinator (essential).
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Oversee all hiring stages from sourcing to onboarding.
Advertise open roles on various channels including job boards, professional social networks and our careers page.
Coordinate our internal hiring process.
Screen resumes and application forms based on essential criteria.
Interview candidates via phone, video and in-person
Track key recruiting metrics like time-to-hire and source of hire.
Reach out to potential candidates and build relationships for future job opportunities (for example via LinkedIn or email)
Send job offer letters and negotiate terms.
Process employment forms
Liaise with hiring managers to forecast staffing needs.
Host or participate in job fairs.
Promote our company as a great place to work.
Requirements and skills:
At least two years of experience in the same field of internal and external hiring specialist role.
Experience with Human Resources Management Software and Applicant Tracking Systems
Familiarity using social networks to post job ads and source candidates.
Knowledge of labor legislation
Excellent communication skills
Good time management skills with the ability to juggle various open positions.
BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
HR Senior Specialist – Central
Responsible and act as the primary point of contact for employees and managers across regional stores, analyzing employee data and providing HR guidance to the business in employee performance, career & development.
-Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a relevant major
– A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience
– CIPD or equivalent HR professional certification is preferred
- Experience, Skills & Competencies
Ability to manage, develop, and coach teams
Ability to influence internal clients/hiring teams on staffing-related decisions
Experience in selection techniques including competency-based interview.
Personable, high-energy individual that is passionate about recruitment
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong computer skills
Data analytics, Problem-solving, and presentation skills
Experience within a Retail/FMCG setting is preferred.
HR Senior Specialist – Central