– Contributesto the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in accordancewith the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope &Standards of Practice. Assists in managingassigned nursing unit. Supervises comprehensive nursing care to comply withestablished standards. Contributes tothe successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties :
– Demonstrates expert ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care employees, guiding more junior staff to deliver effective patient care.
– Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction on unit and supports professional practice model.
Displays sound analytical and critical thinking ability in complex and rapidly changing situations.
– Deputizes for the Head Nurse in his/her absence to ensure that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management.
– Ensures total patient care as assigned according to the core standards, organizational values, established policies, and evidence based practices.
– Contributes to the motivation of staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment.
– Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff; refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate.
– Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness, and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
– Supports staff nurses to identify professional practice issues and initiates changes that have a direct impact on quality patient care.
– Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal. Actively welcomes new staff/nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation.
– Monitors and tracks individual progress and new staff as required.
– Contributes to increasing the number of Saudi nurses on unit.
– Promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
– Assists in preparation of performance evaluations and the ongoing clinical evaluation of all staff. Participates in the provision of continuing education for staff.
– Participates in Nursing and/or Hospital-wide committees.
– Implements policies and procedures for the unit; contributes to writing, reviewing, and/or revising annually as part of professional practice framework.
– Prepares reports and maintains records. Conducts and facilitates unit meetings and maintains minutes as assigned.
– Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit in terms of human and capital resources.
– Maintains supply inventory. Initiates maintenance action and follows up on equipment failures.
– Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
– Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing isrequired.
Experience Required :
– Four (4) years of hospitalexperience is required.
Other Requirements(Certificates) :
– Current Registered Nurse Licensure from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties Licensure is required.
– One (1) year of nursing leadership experience is preferred.