Job Description :
– following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
– behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
– maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
– keeping up to date with the latest trends and products.
– Responsible for working together with the Chef in order to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing market lists and offers daily.
– ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
– monitoring slow-moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
– ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
– Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regard to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
– supervising, training, and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
– hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc.
– performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
– communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
– Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
– 2+ years as a hotel purchasing manager
– Local language – excellent oral and written skills
– English – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
– Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
– Ability to cope with changing priorities and multiple tasks at the same time.