Medical records Manager
At careers56.com, we are committed to providing outstanding recruitment solutions. Our global reach and network allow us to source high-potential professionals with sophisticated skills from various industries. We strive to satisfy the needs of our clients by connecting them with exceptional talent to drive their businesses forward.
we are looking for an experienced medical records manager to lead our team in maintaining accurate and up-to-date patient records. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical records management, as well as experience working with electronic medical records (EMR) systems. They will be responsible for ensuring that all medical records are properly filed and stored, and that they meet all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Additionally, they will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures related to medical records management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal laws governing the confidentiality of medical records.
- Oversee the daily operations of the medical records department, including staffing, budgeting, and record-keeping.
- Ensure that all medical records are complete, accurate, and up to date.
- Implement and maintain systems for the efficient management of medical records.
- Train staff on proper medical records management procedures
- Conduct audits of medical records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Prepare reports on the status of medical records for upper management.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that medical records are properly filed and maintained.
- Resolve any issues that arise in the medical records department.
- Assist patients and families with requests for medical records.
- Manage the release of medical records to authorized individuals.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of medical records management.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management, medical records, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a medical records management role
- Proven experience with electronic medical records systems (EMR)
- Working knowledge of medical coding standards (ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in health information management or related field
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Experience with accreditation standards (JCAHO, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience managing a team of medical records staff.