Candidates with substantial research experience in the fields of Geology, Petroleum Engineering, Remote Sensing, and Computational Chemistry/Physics and particularly in the following fields of specializations are strongly encouraged to apply. Relevant industrial experience is highly desirable.
1. Rock Physics
3. Enhanced Oil Recovery
The center has strong collaborative research with Saudi Aramco and local industrial companies in Dhahran Techno Valley in EOR, pore-scale modeling, smart fluids, carbonate geology, and Geomechanics. It has excellent infrastructure facilities to support advanced research activities. The center has also access to major research facilities provided by other centers in the Research Institute.
The candidate is expected to lead multidisciplinary projects at the planning, developing and implementing phases. He should have strong background in the field of expertise.
Compensation & Benefits:
Two-year renewable contract. Competitive tax-free salaries based on qualifications and experience. All KFUPM faculty are offered free furnished air-conditioned on-campus housing unit with free essential utilities and maintenance. The appointment includes the following benefits according to the University’s policy: air ticket/s to Dammam upon appointment; annual repatriation air ticket/s for up to four persons; a contribution towards local tuition fees for school-age dependent children up to SAR 100,000 per year; 30 days annual leave; medical insurance in addition to free health care at KFUPM Clinic; end-of-service gratuity of one-month base pay for each full year completed. The KFUPM campus has a range of facilities including an extensive library, computing, research and teaching laboratory facilities, a recreation center, and a private beach. Relocation allowance of up to SAR 37,500 from the point of origin to Dhahran city.
1. A doctoral degree in natural, physical, or environmental sciences or Environmental Engineering is required.
2. Three to five years of research experience after completing the Ph.D.
3. A good track record in handling projects independently.
4. Publishing record in peer-reviewed journals.
5. Good command of English in both writing and speaking with good presentation skills.
6. Technical report writing skills.
7. Knowledge in the application of modern statistical marine ecological packages.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
1. Applicants should provide their curriculum vitae and specifically address how their qualifications, knowledge and experience demonstrate their ability to successfully undertake the duties and responsibilities of the position 2. Applicants must be fluent in English as it is the medium of instruction in the University.
Dean, College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
KFUPM Box 5085, Dhahran 31261
Telephone: +966 13 860-8662
Fax: +966 13 860-8663
Open Until filled:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* What is the Highest Education Level you have earned?
PhD or above
* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
List of Publications
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
All Official Transcripts (BS, MS, Ph.D.) combined in one file.
All Degrees and Certifications (BS, MS, Ph.D.) combined in one file.
Abstract of the Dissertation
Scanned copy of Passport